Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fatal Frame IV: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse

(from the What? No US release? department)

Hi everyone,

As my family knows, I'm a huge fan of the Fatal Frame series of video games. I have all three of the games - Fatal Frame, Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly and Fatal Frame III: The Tormented.

So - when I heard that a fourth game was coming out for the PS3, I was, as they say "stoked".

Then it was announced that the game was going to be Wii only.

Bummer.

Then I didn't hear anything about it for a long time.

Well, doing an unrelated search today, I found out what happened to it.

It turns out that the game has already been released in Japan. And - there are no plans for a U.S. version.

Major Bummer.

Here's the article that tells why there's no US release:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/970/970875p1.html

At least there's a Wikipedia page describing it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_Frame_IV:_Mask_of_the_Lunar_Eclipse

Looks like I would have enjoyed it!

Cheers,
Paul

No comments: