Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Having trouble watching my embedded videos?

(from the I Love Computers department)

Hi everyone,

My laptop has been having issues playing the embedded videos from NBC that I post here on my blog. I have done some sleuthing, and discovered it is due to the copy of Norton Internet Security (2005) I've installed.

Here's the fix:

  1. Go to the Norton Internet Security control panel.
  2. In the Norton Internet Security Section, in the Status & Settings subsection, select Privacy Control and click Configure
  3. In the resultant Privacy Control dialog box, click the Advanced button
  4. In the resultant Advanced dialog box, click Add Site
  5. In the resultant New Site/Domain dialog box, add nbc.com and click OK
  6. Highlight nbc.com in the Web Contents Options tree of the Advanced dialog box, and uncheck the Use default settings check box in the Information about visited sites section.
  7. After the box is unchecked, the Information about visited sites radio buttons should be selectable. Select the Permit radio button, and click OK to close the Advanced dialog box.
  8. Click OK to close the Privacy Control dialog box.
  9. Close the Norton Internet Security control panel.
  10. Have fun viewing the NBC.com embedded videos on this blog

Cheers,
Paul

No comments: