My laptop has been having issues playing the embedded videos from NBC that I post here on my blog. I have done some sleuthing, and discovered it is due to the copy of Norton Internet Security (2005) I've installed.
Here's the fix:
- Go to the Norton Internet Security control panel.
- In the Norton Internet Security Section, in the Status & Settings subsection, select Privacy Control and click Configure
- In the resultant Privacy Control dialog box, click the Advanced button
- In the resultant Advanced dialog box, click Add Site
- In the resultant New Site/Domain dialog box, add nbc.com and click OK
- Highlight nbc.com in the Web Contents Options tree of the Advanced dialog box, and uncheck the Use default settings check box in the Information about visited sites section.
- After the box is unchecked, the Information about visited sites radio buttons should be selectable. Select the Permit radio button, and click OK to close the Advanced dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Privacy Control dialog box.
- Close the Norton Internet Security control panel.
- Have fun viewing the NBC.com embedded videos on this blog