Thursday, March 12, 2015

Flashback Friday Live: Swervedriver @ Neumos, Seattle, 2015-03-08

Okay - I can finally talk about this. 

The reunited Swervedriver played a blistering set at Neumos last Sunday in support of their first new album in 17 years:  "I Wasn't Born To Lose You". 

I used the HAAC High Dynamic Recording feature of my Nokia 920 smartphone to record a few songs - the sound at Neumos can be *very* *very* loud, and the Nokia can really uncover the true sound in an overbearing PA system.  Plus - Swervedriver plays loud anyway.

I thought the results came out great - and after checking with Swervedriver's webmaster, I got permission to post the songs on-line:



And - yes - that's Micky Quinn of Supergrass filling in on bass.  Their regular bassist, Steve George, was unable to make the US tour.

Let me know what you think in the comments below.  I can also post the set-list if folks are interested. 

No comments: