Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Dana's way-back machine

(from the Awwwww department)

Hi everyone,

Dana sent me four memories of Rose that she had archived in her computer.  Here they are - in reverse chronological order.

May 29, 2011
Dad: Rose, you're Scottish, and you're Italian.
Rose: I am an adorable butterfly.

October 12, 2010
Rose told me the other day, "I'm not breaking it, Mommy. I'm just taking it apart." Crap. She's like her dad. I did point out to her that taking something apart only counts if you can put it back together.

June 18, 2010
Paul said to Rose tonight "you're quite the little drama queen". Rose said "No, I the King!" - point taken.

November 20, 2009
I've just had one of my most awesome parent moments. Rose just said her version of "I love you, Mom" after giving me a hug and a kiss on the mouth. I started crying immediately. She's never said any version of that to me or Paul. Ever. When she told me she loved me, not a single word was coherent.  She had to repeat it three times before I realized what she was saying

Cheers,
Paul

No comments: